Just a note that blogs may be hit-or-miss for a little while. I will try to post as often as possible; however, we have a big event happening in our family so I will be spending a lot of my time and energy with that for a while.
Here are some tips for getting through Thanksgiving dinner without spoiling your weight loss!
1. Remember that its just one day, so don't be too hard on yourself if you overdo it a little bit. Just remember to get back to healthier eating the next day.
2. Remember that Christmas, and many events leading up to it, will provide you with a chance to eat goodies. So, don't go overboard thinking that this is food you'll NEVER see again!
3. Consider reconstructing some of your recipes to make them a little healthier.
4. Pick a few family favorites, but don't go overboard with cooking. The more choices you have to select from, the more you'll eat!
5. Don't deprive yourself of a holiday favorite, but take a small portion and enjoy it. Consider freezing left overs and savor it throughout the season.
6. Take a morning walk if you're a morning person! Otherwise, consider taking an after-dinner walk. You won't burn all of the calories you ate, but you'll burn some! Also, if you're diabetic, it will help with your blood sugar.
7. If you're attending Thanksgiving dinner at someone else's house, let them know that you don't want to come empty handed and would like to bring a dish. Bring something that is healthy and you enjoy. This way you know you'll have at least one healthy dish.
8. Eat a healthy breakfast and lunch. Don't starve yourself until dinner because you're likely to just go overboard.
9. Drink plenty of water. Some people overeat due to thirst! It may sound funny, but its true!
10. When you finish your plate, take a break and enjoy everyone's company. Ask yourself if you're really hungry for more, or satisfied before running back for seconds.