Thursday, March 22, 2012

Refreshing Smoothie

I have been hearing a lot about these green smoothies. I finally decided to give it a try because I know I can always use more vegetables in my diet. I wasn't too excited about it, but it wasn't terrible either. I used kale which just doesn't give a nice smooth texture. I tried something different today and it was delicious, but it turned out more like a purple color! Two out of three kids in my house loved it too! Here is my recipe:

1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup of fresh or frozen strawberries
1 banana
4 cups of fresh spinach
1 cup of water

Blend in a blender or food processor.
Enjoy!
Serves 2

3 comments:

  1. Will be trying that for sure, but I won't be telling the kids about the spinach part! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very good. No one would ever guess that spinach is one of the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what's happening with my signature, but maybe I will go with my signature on Busy-Dad-E's blog for continuity from now on.

    ReplyDelete