Monday, December 12, 2011

A Few Snack or Breakfast Ideas

Although my children love fruit, yogurt, and oatmeal, they don't seem to like chunks of fruit in their yogurt or oatmeal. Recently it occurred to me that I could puree the fruit! So here are a few snack/breakfast/lunch ideas that I have tried out on my children. They seem to enjoy them! The three ideas below are healthy, have no added sugar (of course there are is natural sugar in fruit and yogurt), are filling, and great sources of fiber and nutrients.

1. Thaw frozen blueberries and strawberries. Puree the fruit and mix it in with steel cut oats. Make plenty so that you can store it in the refrigerator and heat it up when you need it. The more fruit you add, the sweeter the oatmeal will taste.

2. Use the same fruit puree and mix it into plain Greek yogurt.

3. Mix canned, pumpkin puree into plain Greek yogurt. Add cinnamon and nutmeg to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment